- Digital transformation
OpCon is the engine that drives digital transformation
What is digital transformation?
It’s a buzzword, but it’s business-critical. Digital transformation is essential to the continued growth of just about any organization. But what exactly is digital transformation?
The short answer: It means different things for different organizations. However, there are a few aspects of digital transformation that hold true across the board:
It’s not just about IT
Digital transformation is a shift in not only technology, but company mindset. It must take into consideration your mission, goals, stakeholders, and technology, and it must involve every department.
However, IT is the focal point
IT is increasingly integrated with other business units, so digital transformation must account for that interconnectedness. In terms of both people and technology, how does IT work with other departments?
It's more about the future than the present
While modernizing technologies is critical, digital transformation means giving your people the agility to rapidly adapt to change. Automating repetitive tasks is key.
What challenges do organizations face with digital transformation?
Every day an organization uses outdated processes or technologies, it gets harder to catch up — and even harder to get ahead. But the challenges of digital transformation are even more fundamental than updating systems. Consider the following:
- Over 50% of survey respondents are unaware of or don’t know if their company is pursuing digital transformation initiatives*
- Roughly 80% of respondents say their company is planning or currently in the process of modernizing legacy hardware*
- When asked about automation technologies specifically, about 70% are trying to expand automation or feel that automation should be expanded into other areas of the business*
*Source: SMA Technologies 2018 State of Automation Survey
Taken together, these data points have two major implications:
- Organizations and their employees recognize the value of updating legacy hardware and adopting automation, but they are still largely in the conceptual phases, rather than “making it happen”.
- While employees are largely aware of updating technology, they are largely unaware of digital transformation, suggesting a lack of company cohesion around the higher-level concept of digital transformation.
Digital transformation must enhance not only systems and processes, but people and business units. In short, it requires transformative change.
And transformative change requires transformative technology.
OpCon workload automation can transform your business
Every organization varies in the nuts and bolts of digital transformation, but broadly speaking, the process presents a few core challenges. Here’s how OpCon can solve those challenges for anyone.
- OpCon acts as the glue between complex legacy systems and modern architectures
- Go from mainframe batch processing to microservices
- Partnership with LzLabs, disruptive technology in mainframe modernization and workload rehosting on the cloud
Automate repetitive processes
- Event-driven automation, much more than simple job scheduling
- OpCon workflows are technology-agnostic, meaning as tech evolves, your automated workflows are unaffected
- Our in-house Automation Consultants work with you onsite to implement customized automation solutions
Empower your people
- OpCon is built for simplicity, even for non-technical users
- Add-on module Self Service enables anyone to trigger automation by literally clicking a button
- OpCon equips your people to rapidly integrate new technologies and processes
OpCon modules facilitate enterprise-wide adoption of automation
OpCon modules can be added to simplify and enhance the OpCon experience for end-users across the business.
OpCon Self Service
- Empowers end users – digitizing things that weren’t necessarily digital before
- Enables end users to trigger automation with the click of a button
- Dramatically reduce IT requests so they can focus on higher-level projects
- Self Service is bridge between IT and other departments, enabling enterprise-wide automation
- Turn complex business workflows into simple, card-based summaries
- Friendly, non-technical portal to oversee health of automated processes
- Monitors Service Level Agreements (SLAs), allowing proactive alerting and automated actions when SLAs are in jeopardy
- Allows review of SLA performance history so you can diagnose and resolve issues
The transformative power of APIs
Don’t rely on old ways of automating with solutions such as Robotic Process Automation. APIs are the reliable way to integrate and automate with various applications. With OpCon’s robust support for APIs, IT can write scripts that hook into other departments, enabling your organization to maintain automated processes even as technologies and departments are updated. API-driven integration is also key to achieving DevOps agility.
The advantages of SMA Technologies and OpCon
- We’re an automation partner, not just a platform. We don’t just give you the technology. We give you knowledge, expertise, and unrivaled client service.
- As other automation vendors like CA Technologies and BMC are selling to investment firms, SMA remains a private company that will always focus on clients, not numbers.
- OpCon frequently saves clients upwards of 50% on automation.
Tell us how you want to automate your enterprise
Unlock the full potential of your business and employees through SMA Technologies automation platform, OpCon. We automate complex workflows to help you drive operational efficiency.
Fill out the form today and an expert will get back to you immediately.
The SMArt Insider — The official SMA Technologies blog
Read industry-leading thoughts on trends, technologies, and concepts in the world of automation.
How to Solve for IT Resource Scarcity by Outsourcing Automation ManagementAutomation Benefits, Cross-Industry
What are the differences between workload automation solutions?Banking, Credit Unions, Financial Services
What do I need to consider when buying a workload automation solution?Banking, Credit Unions, Financial Services