Fiserv DNA process automation – how to convert DNA templates to workflows
Fiserv DNA uses templates with parameters defined by users, rather than the command line inputs that their older XP2 system used, which you might also be familiar with. They’re still batch jobs, but DNA organizes them a bit differently so they can be broken out more granularly, depending on the user’s needs. Overall it’s a big improvement on the interface, requiring far less clicks and manual keyboard entries.
But…it still requires users to click on templates to run the various pieces of their ACH processing. Someone still needs to be behind the computer to initiate the processing, and that’s what we can help you change. Rather than babysitting the ACH processing, wouldn’t you much rather be doing something more interesting like automating file transfers and branch operations workflows?
To automate Fiserv DNA, SMA Technologies built a conversion tool that lets users export templates from DNA into OpCon, our workload automation platform. This has two primary benefits:
- Reduces the time it takes to move your DNA jobs/templates into the OpCon environment.
- Ensures the current processes can be copied over without errors.
How long does it take to install and implement OpCon in a Fiserv DNA environment?
Our install team operates on a two-week engagement cycle. Here’s how it breaks down.
- Day 1-5 - Train operators to familiarize them with OpCon and the DNA agent.
- Day 1-2 – Install OpCon and pull the nightly batch templates into OpCon.
- Day 3-5 – Build workflows to automate the other templates and processes, including ACH.
- Fine-tune frequencies and test everything.
- Continue training IT team on the functionality of OpCon’s DNA connector and workflow builder.
- Push everything live.
Seems fast, because it is. Our consultants are very experienced, and OpCon keeps the same groupings that you’ve already set up in DNA, so operators don’t have to relearn any of the processes that they’re already familiar with.
We know that IT teams have limited resources, and time is in short supply.
SMA Technologies wants to give it back to you. By automating manual processes your teams are freed to accelerate the timeline on other modernization initiatives without having to mentally juggle an excessive number of daily processes. Let OpCon handle the routine stuff and let your team work on the fun stuff that will help your IT team drive business ROI for the organization.
Want to learn more? Contact us and we’ll get a demo scheduled.