What is WLA?
WLA stands for workload automation, and it’s a software-enabled method of scheduling, initiating, and executing specific business processes and transactions. This type of automation is more comprehensive than traditional job scheduling software because it focuses on event-driven processing rather than time-driven batch processing that, historically, required manual execution by those in IT due to the complex nature of batch processing.
WLA solutions allow automation administrators to translate manual processes into event-driven workflows across a variety of applications in on-prem, and sometimes cloud, environments. They come with advanced alerting capabilities that allow you to act on issues only if they arise, so you don’t have to dedicate IT staff time to monitoring your automated processes. If there’s an issue, WLA solutions can notify you, point you to the problem, pause that process, or even reverse it until you have the chance to remedy the issue.
As a result, with a WLA solution, you can:
- Streamline or eliminate many manual tasks.
- Enable smart scaling of your business, without adding headcount.
- Get time back to focus on strategic growth initiatives.
- Achieve a better quality of life for your IT staff by eliminating or reducing after-hours, third-shift, and weekend operations.
- Dramatically reduce or eliminate errors from processing.
- Achieve better regulatory compliance.
- Support and improve your disaster recovery and business continuity planning practices.
- Remain competitive in the market.
- Improve your customer, member, and employee experience.